Comprehensive Health Ministry in Leading People to Jesus
By Arnelio A. Gabin
The message of good health encompasses all aspects: mental, social, physical and spiritual – a comprehensive ministry. The Bible and the Spirit of Prophecy unite about the connections of comprehensive health ministry and evangelism.
“Medical missionary work gives an opportunity for carrying forward successful evangelistic work” (Evangelism p. 516).
At the launching and implementation of the Philippines for Christ 2018, the Department of Health Ministries took an active part in leading the following initiatives:
• Health and Family Evangelism (February 2-9) Led by the NPUC Health Director, the meeting in Alicia, Isabela ushered 94 new believers to Jesus. The free medical, dental and surgical mission headed by the Adventist Hospital - Santiago City served 390 patients.
• Operation Hope International and Evangelism (February 16-24) Held at Lagonoy, Camarines Sur, the mission work served 7, 453 patients and 93 baptisms. Special recognition to the team leaders: Dr. Felix Dela Cruz and Nixon Bathan.
• AWESNA Medical Services and Revelation of Hope Seminar (February 23-March 1) The services attended to 5,121 patients and led 497 new believers to Christ including Vice Mayor Baticos of Roxas, Oriental Mindoro. The team was led by Dr. Tavi Quijada in partnership with Gov. Umali, Roxas municipal government, St. Luke’s Medical Center, Epetha Foundation and AUP Clinic. Pastor Jose Manalo served as speaker of the Revelation of Hope Seminar.
• Medical Outreach and Evangelism (February 1-10) Mr. & Mrs. Orland Palitang of Loma Linda, California led the medical outreach at the un-entered town of San Jose, Batangas and served 503 patients. The evangelistic campaign yielded 23 precious souls with Pastor Luis Bon as the speaker.
• White Horse Media Ministry (March 21-31) A total of 1,437 patients received free eye clinic and eyeglasses. The 11 speakers of the team led the evangelistic meetings held in Pangasinan area and 338 accepted Jesus in their lives.
• San Jose California Medical and Evangelistic Mission (March 16-24) The team, headed by Pastor Dan Botabara served in Maliliput, Albay and served 627 patients and led 51 people to Jesus.
• Mt. Zion Church Mission (April 22-28) Pastor Jess Anunciacion and Andrew Skytte led the mission trip to Legazpi City and they rendered feeding to children, medical outreach and reaping campaign. Praise God for the 300 patients served and 210 people who surrendered their lives to the Lord.
• SAU Evangelism (May 11-19) Southern Adventist University (SAU) brought 16 speakers in Bulacan with a total baptism of 300 souls.
• San Francisco Central Church Mission (May 18-26) The team, led by Pastor Roldan Abello held a 3-day medical clinic and catered 322 patients. The two evangelistic meetings gained 102 new believers.
• SSD Mission Trip (May 30-April 2) The SSD administrators and office workers went to Taytay, Palawan for Health Expo, Health/Family/Youth Development seminars, coastal clean-up, and nightly evangelistic meetings. They served 1,695 patients with the support of Adventist Hospital Palawan. Praise God for 54 people who surrendered their lives to Jesus.
• Amazing Love Mission (June 6-14)
• AWR Mega Clinic and Evangelism for Palawan (July 14-28) The 3-day Mega Clinic was the first-of-a-kind program that happened on the big island of Palawan. Held
• The SEARCH Team in Baguio City (July 26-August 4) The team led by Dan Smith served 8 evangelistic sites and 6 days of medical and dental clinics. As a result, 510 people were baptized and more than 1,000 patients were served. The team also helped in the construction of local church building and Baguio SDA Academy.
• Europe for Jesus (August 2-11) Dr. Jan Cabungcal led the team who served 8 evangelistic sites in San Jose, Occidental Mindoro. They conducted a prison ministry and other community servicesaswell. PraiseGodfor530newbelievers baptized.
• AWR Evangelism - South Oriental Mindoro(August 10-25) 51 preachers from mainland China came and participated in the 2-week evangelistic meetings in South Oriental Mindoro area. They also reached the Mangyan Buhid tribe and gave medical services. There they also baptized village people including a pastor of the Assembly of God denomination. A total of 1,800 surrendered their lives to the Lord.
OTHER INITIATIVES FOR PHILIPPINES FOR CHRIST
• Fielded 6 full-time medical missionary workers • Trained medical missionaries
HIGHLIGHTS ON HEALTH
• Five workers finished Masters in Public Health • NPUC Food Handlers and Nutrition Seminar
All praises and glory to God! We express our sincere appreciation to all my health counterparts, mission
“I wish that thou mayest prosper
in all things and be in health,
just as your soul prospers.”
3 John 2
Seventh-day Adventist beliefs are meant to permeate your whole life. Growing out of scriptures that paint a compelling portrait of God, you are invited to explore, experience and know the One who desires to make us whole.